The environment team is composed of experienced engineers working in all the main environmental areas (climate, pedology, geology, surface and ground waters, fauna, flora and natural habitats, green corridors, living environments, displacements, archeological and other heritage, etc.). For other specialized areas (acoustics, air, landscape, etc.), our engineers work with setec international, one of setec als’s parent companies.
This team works on infrastructure projects (new or existing motorways, roads, railway lines, bridges, level crossings, etc.) and developments (watercourses, urban buildings, etc.) handled by setec group and external contractors, in France and worldwide. Our environmental and landscaping services cover the following areas:
- Feasibility studies
- Preliminary and detailed design
- Environmental documents in bids
- Environmental works supervision
- Monitoring, reporting and ongoing surveillance after infrastructure commissioning
- Regulatory environmental procedures:
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), including ad-hoc requests
- Inquires before state approval, planning compliance and landholding enquiries
- Environmental permit application file, which may include Water Law processes, derogations from protected species regulation, land clearing, etc.
- Documents regarding classified environmental protection facilities
- Cost estimates for the relevant work
These assignments are carried out within multispecialist teams working on comprehensive projects, or on an ad-hoc basis to meet the needs of public or private clients on specific environmental issues.
Our expertise draws on tried and tested methods, mathematical and/or 3D models, and new geographic information systems (GISs).