Some 35 engineers work in the setec als department that specializes in bridges, viaducts and tunnels. Based in Lyon and Vitrolles in France, this team designs bridges, tunnels and other underground structures, as well as complex civil engineering projects in reinforced concrete, prestressed concrete and structural steel.
The team carries out the following tasks:
- Feasibility and opportunity studies
- Standardized public works assignments (preliminary design, detailed design, bid assistance, design verification, contractor supervision and assistance during works acceptance)
- Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management (EPCM)
- Auditing and consulting
- Project management assistance
- Final design and approval
The team works in France and worldwide on the road and rail projects entrusted to setec als, as well as on other projects exclusively on the structural projects. With significant experience in modeling structures (finite elements and 3D BIM), the members of this team help setec group develop tools in this area.